Durban Airshow 2011

A few pics from the Virginia Durban Airshow 2011... A great show like always! This year I took a very different approach to shooting the airshow. My aim was to be able to show a lot of movement in the photos. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I basically shot no faster than 1/125th of a second the whole day. (Except for jets and parachuting, etc.) Anything faster than that and there would just not be enough propeller blur. Some planes and the helicopters I needed to be slower. Lot of them didn't work out but the ones that did were worth it for me. I really didn't want any more airplanes frozen in space. Here's a few of my favorites from the day.
CC Pocock doing his Bush Air Display.
Good Year Eagles acrobatic team flying the Aviat Pitts.
Glen Dell in his Red Bull Extra 330LC.
Cell C Formation Aerobatics Team - Flying the Havilland Harvard
South African Air Force Oryx
South African Air Force Silver Falcons
South African Air Force Silver Falcons

Comments

Popular Posts